Thursday, January 28, 2010

Saved by Grace

April 15, 2009- This is from a dear friend ____ who I've spent a number of years with and met and ate with time and time again. I remember him relating this experience to me. The way he explained it at the time he did not tell me the background story. He just stated that he had almost been shot, and he made it seem like random street violence. In the Wilson projects where he was living at the time I would have believed it and did. They were a rough place.


This is his bio for his facebook page.


This is a mini bio about me !!!

I was born in a split home , my mother a God serving person and my father well he was deep into sin . I have two older brother's and one older sister, yes i am the youngest out of my family .I grew up in a very bad hood in deep south philadelphia . I went to all public school's and i've always attended my mom's church . Altho i attended my mother's church my whole life i wasn't always a christian. I'll say untel about age 14 i was going because i had too. Then one sunday my mother told me she was no longer going to attend church because of growing problems with my father and pastor . So at age 14 she told me it's not her say anymore if i should go or not that it was my life my soul . I went anyway not because i was called but because i wanted to see my friends i've made there still . I was happy with my life untel age 14 - 15 or so 9th grade year . Started high school meet new people and started acting out " to stay kool to stay in " . Thats when i stop going to church for a year atless . My problem's at home got worse with my father so i moved out at age 16 on my own . Age 16 - 18 i lived with friends , family and alone . I've worked many job's but the money wasn't fast enough so i started selling durg's never use them myself but sold them for a good year almost . Now at age 18 still selling drug's i was never locked down for it but i was jump on shot at and the like . One day coming home from somewhere i stop to pray at a local park where i was jump at once . I was praying for a way out of the life i was leading beside's death or jail and i told myself i would live my life for God everyday if he help me this once just that once . So after i got done praying i went on home and as i got to the block i notice all my crew ( my gang ) being arrested all at once the cop's missed me by atless 5 min's because i stoped to pray . So i saw what God had done and told myself this is it my new start my chance to start over . Only someone from my crew notice i didn't get hit and assumed a told on everyone . So they came for me , i'll never forget that moment sitting in my living room watching the afc chap game new england vs coult's . I saw this person looking throw my window and when i look closer he shot at me one round hit the wall where my head was and the other hit the chair i was sitting in , in the chest area . I remember thinking this is crazy while laying on the floor then i repented and return to the lord on all four's . So at age 18 i joined the army and for the pass 3 years i've been travaling and seeing the world . Being deployed brings great light on just how bless we are . Now i spend most of my time helping out at my church with leading youth event's and making house call's to see how poeple are doing . I can say now that my church other christian and youth is what i love now . Even after God has shown me his grace and love i still ask him for one more thing .

No comments:

Post a Comment